Effective January 1st,2018
Effective Date: 5/10/2019
What Information is Collected?
Information Collected Automatically
We use tracking technologies such as cookies, log files, and pixel tags to automatically collect information when users visit our System. We collect:
· IP addresses to measure our website traffic and to help provide a more personalized experience;
· Information regarding your browser and other technical specifications required to use our System;
· Your transaction history relating to the use of our products and services;
· Computer data or files often called “cookies,” which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” you through the navigation of the Site, and for us to credit your account for various online transactions; and
· Computer data files often called “web beacons” that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites.
For more information, see the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section below.
We collect personal information about you when you sign up for a mailing list, register an account, fill out a “Contact Us” form, submit information in connection with a purchase or as part of other online services. The information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, and physical address.
The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
· Email address, phone number, mailing address, and other contact information;
· Financial information necessary to process a purchase or other request;
· Business affiliations; and
· Other information related to your requests or inquiries.
Collecting Information from Children Under the Age of 16
Our Site and System are not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect information from any person under the age of 16.
How Is the Information We Collect Used?
We collect information about you in order to provide you with services and products, and to collect information that is necessary for the System to work properly. We use personal information for a variety of purposes related to our business:
· Providing services and support
Performing the essential functions of the System including responding to inquiries, fulfilling orders and requests, processing payments, providing support and troubleshooting, and communicating with users about their use of the System or regarding a user initiated inquiry on the System.
· Communicating with users about products or services
Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters or information about new products or services we are offering; using content from social media platforms where users discuss our products or use a hashtag related to our products.
· Personalizing user experiences on our System
Tailoring content on the System based on user location, preferences, and other personalization factors.
· Analytics and System improvement
Tracking information about your visits to our Site or use of the System to allow us to provide better service, using certain online preferences in the aggregate across all users to evaluate the System and develop additional products and services to offer.
· Compliance with legal obligations
Sharing information to comply with the law or a legal proceeding, such as in response to a subpoena or court order.
Disclosure of Information
We will not share your information with third parties to directly market their products to you. We may provide user information to third-party service providers or vendors for the following purposes, including but not limited to:
· Initiating direct marketing programs on our behalf,
· Data tracking,
· Maintenance or development of our System,
· Development of online products, services, or customer service, or new product development,
· Other contracted promotional opportunities provided to our users.
We may also share this information with any subsidiaries, licensees, suppliers, distributors, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other related entities and their respective owners. We may also share your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.
We may also disclose your information to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of AHT, or its subsidiaries or divisions. Any third party to which AHT transfers or sells the System or related assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small data files that help us keep track of your usage of the System. Many of the cookies we use enable the System to function as you would expect it to. Cookies enable the System to remember things like your login information so you do not have to re-enter it, items in your shopping cart when you navigate away from the page, game scores, user preferences, and other personalized settings. Cookies also enable us to track and analyze user behavior in order to improve our System. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can choose to accept or decline certain types of cookies if you prefer. However, declining cookies may impact the functionality of the System and in some cases, you may not be able to access the functions of the System. We use the following categories of cookies on the System:
· Session cookies
Session cookies are stored on the user’s hard drive temporarily and is deleted when the user ends the browsing session. Session cookies are useful for things like keeping the item in a shopping cart while the user continues to browse.
· Persistent cookies
Persistent cookies stay on the user’s hard drive until they expire, even after the browser is closed. Persistent cookies are useful for remembering things like login information, so users do not have to enter their password every time they visit the System.
· Third-party cookies
Third party cookies are not installed directly by our System, but by third parties such as advertisers. Third party cookies are used to track advertising preferences from site to site, and to gather data about users’ browsing habits in order to improve the user experience.
Clear GIFs (also called pixel tags or web beacons) are small files embedded in websites that tell us what content a user accesses and how users navigate the System. Clear GIFs enable us to track and analyze user behavior on the System in order to make it more intuitive and user-friendly.
Third Party Websites and Links
How is User Information Protected?
We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for all user information collected in our System.
We retain data collected from you only for as long as necessary to complete the purpose for which it was collected. In all cases, data will be retained for no longer than 5 years after your subscription is terminated by either party unless otherwise required in order to fulfill our legal obligations.
International Data Processing
AHT is located in the United States and all data related to the System (as defined below) is collected and processed by AHT in the U.S. If you are not located in the U.S., your personal data will therefore be transferred to, processed, and stored in a country outside of the country where you live. By submitting your personal information to us, you are consenting to the processing of your personal information in the U.S.
We encourage you to contact us regarding any complaint at email@example.com. European Union data subjects may file a complaint with a data protection authority regarding our processing of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact information of European supervisory authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Data Subject Rights
European Union data subjects have certain rights under the GDPR, including the following:
Right of Access
You may the right to access data collected about you. If you would like to know exactly what information we have collected about you and how it has been used, please contact us.
Right of Rectification
You may have a right to correct any incorrect or incomplete information we have about you. To request a correction, please contact us.
Right to Erasure
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to request that we delete your personal information.
Right to Restrict Processing
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information. To exercise your right to restrict processing please contact us. You may have the right to restrict processing of your information if:
· You have objected to the accuracy of your information and we are in the process of verifying or correcting it;
· We have processed your data unlawfully and you would prefer that the information be restricted rather than erased; or
· You object to us processing your data and we are in the process of determining whether there are any overriding business interests.
Right to Object
You may have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. To object to the processing of your personal data please contact us.
Rights Related to Automated Decision Making Including Profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on an automated process (no human involvement) which produces legal effects or significantly affects you in a similar way. We will not make these types of decisions by solely automated processed. If you believe that an automated decision-making process was applied to you, please contact us.
Your Other Options
While we work hard to use and disclose our users’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, you can choose not to provide personal information or limit the personal information obtained by us as follows:
· You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists to inform users of new or relevant products, services, and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from us, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
· You may limit the collection of “cookies” through your browser settings. However, this may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant products or information regarding the System; and
· You may limit the ability of Google Analytics to track your online activity, as outlined in the “Behavioural Advertising” section.
Your California Privacy Rights
Access and Correction Rights
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us.
Do Not Track Signals
The System does respond to Do Not Track signals. If a user has the Do Not Track option enabled, the System will not track and analyze your behavior on the System. However, third-parties affiliated with the System through advertising and other relationships may not respond to Do Not Track signals. We are not responsible for third-party affiliates’ response to Do Not Track signals. Users should check third party privacy policies to determine how they respond to Do Not Track Signals.
Ambry Hill Technologies, LLC